On Saturday 16 July 2005 10:00 am, Robert Jones wrote:

> Suppose that object A has many of object B, and object B has some attribute
> c, and that my Rails app has models that hold these associations.
>
> Can Rails then help me to produce an edit form for object A that includes a
> list of all the related object B's, and allows me to edit each of their
> attribute c's directly (ie not by simply providing a link to a seperate
> edit form for each of the object B's)

This doesn't seem to be a matter of "can" Rails do it.  The existing
scaffolding may or may not be able to directly support this, but it should be
darn simple to write something in any decent framework, with any decent ORM,
that can.

I use a component in production that could trivially be extended to do exactly
this, generically.

Kirk Haines