On Tue, 8 May 2001, Avi Bryant wrote:

> On Tue, 8 May 2001 10:24:21 +0900
> "Hal E. Fulton" <hal9000 / hypermetrics.com> wrote:
>
> Point taken; in fact, I'm thinking I may change the design slightly
> anyway, to remove the strict one-to-one mapping between objects and
> templates; in some cases (eg, multi-page forms, master/detail views) it's
> useful to switch between different template views of the same component -
> in which case it probably makes sense to discourage having the code and
> template in the same file.  Thoughts?

When using PHP, I found (at least for myself) that the cleanest way to
code was to have pure php pages and pure html(/template) pages.

I could easily have the designer change the html pages, the
code was not cluttered and it allowed for maximum
flexibility. My next step was to have a master php
page that handled most (probably not all) requests.

This would reduce code duplication and could increase security.

Jim Freeze
jim / freeze.org
No comment at this time.
http://www.freeze.org