------art_283_30611254.1121534650632

On 7/16/05, "EustŠ“uio Rangel de Oliveira Jr." <eustaquiorangel / yahoo.com>
wrote:

> | The main PHP problem is just that too many people thought (and even
> | still think) it scales well with increased application size.

I still think that PHP 4/5 have uses, especially in small sites or in
one-post type applications. Even though Ruby / Rails seem the most efficient
languages to me even for middle sized projects, PHP has the ability to
quickly let you implement a template system, or to do a quick form that in
Ruby dragging out CGI would seem too much.

So, from my personal perspective, and what direction our company is taking,
Ruby (and/or) Rails for medium and large projects, and PHP for small ones.

--

Robert W. Oliver II
CEO / President - OCS Solutions, Inc.

------art_283_30611254.1121534650632--