--- Lothar Scholz <mailinglists / scriptolutions.com>
wrote:
> And it is still the best tool out there for simple
> websites that
> only need a little scripts. For these millions of
> websites rails would
> be completely unusable because of costs for
> introduction/resources/maintainance.
>
> The main PHP problem is just that too many people
> thought (and even
> still think) it scales well with increased
> application size.

Actually, part of my reason for learning Ruby is
because I have a project coming up that I will be
designing, and i'm not sure if PHP is up to the task.
I have been looking at ColdFusion, or more likely, the
J2EE framework.

I prefer the philosophy and community of Ruby, but am
still not sure at which point it is required.  When
would you say, ok, here is a job for Ruby?

A basic site requiring a MySQL backend for a few
queries here and there is obviously a job for PHP, so
at what stage is Ruby required?