On Jul 15, 2005, at 10:47 AM, Ara.T.Howard wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 gwtmp01 / mac.com wrote:
>> Other than method resolution, what language features depend on the
>> ancestors
>> list?
>   SomeClass === an_object || an_object.is_a?(Array)
>
>   class Class
>     def singleton?
>       not ancestors.include?(self)
>     end
>   end

I wouldn't really call these language features.  Can't they
just be implemented as standard library calls if you assume
the ancestors array has been constructed?  And aren't they
oblivious to whether a entry in the ancestor's array arrived
there via subclassing or via including?

You certainly need the concept of an ordered list of
ancestors but do you need to have two ways (subclassing
and including) of extending that list?

Gary Wright