Joe Van Dyk wrote:

>>>C++ managed to ruin itself in a few months.
>>
>>I actively use and still love C++ after 10 years. It does not prevent me
>>from loving Ruby even more ;-). I must admit, though, that my C++ style
>>got affected a great deal by the latter.
>

> Why do you love it?

Hmm, I do not know. Maybe when you spent time to get to know something
in depth, you start appreciating it more. Maybe because it allows me to
refactor legacy C code to gradually get to OO implementation with all
its benefits (true unit testing, code reuse, etc.)

In any case, if you keep to a certain (hopefully right) way of doing
C++, it may be pretty enjoyable. I adopted many principles that often
keep me from trouble there. However, I know that I always can step aside
from them if I need to be more flexible sometimes.

And of course it makes you feel special that you are comfortable and can
deal with something many people only whining about ;-)

Gennady.