On 7/14/05, Gavin Kistner <gavin / refinery.com> wrote:
> Why is Zlib::GzipWriter#close throwing an error here? The resulting
> file comes out as desired.

I don't think that it's GZipWriter#close with the error. I think it's
the block form of File.open that's doing a close on out_file, which
may be already closed because you used GzipWriter#close.

I had similar problems with Archive::Tar::Minitar. I think that
there's a different method for GzipWriter that will "finish" the
GzipWriter instance but not close the resulting stream.

(rummage)

Here it is. Change gz.close to gz.finish.

     finish()
     Closes the GzipFile object. Unlike Zlib::GzipFile#close, this
     method never calls the close method of the associated IO object.
     Returns the associated IO object.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com