John Carter wrote:
> These are exciting days in the world of C++. Every month the C/C++ User
> Journal is packed with exciting articles on brilliant innovations in the
> areas of...
>   * Standards advancement
>        Hashes WhooHoo! Regexes! At last!
>   * Template metaprogramming
>   * New template libraries.
>   * Even Duck Typing!
>
> And I read it all and just feel vaguely nauseated.
>
> C++ is just so hard compared to Ruby. So fragile, so stiff, so
> error-prone with incredibly subtle gotchas on every corner.
>
> It pains me now to even look at C++, even though for many years it was
> my language of choice.
>
> Ruby advocacy is not merely sharing the pleasure, it's important for
> avoiding the pain of being forced financially back into writing C/C++...

It's ruined my Java, too. I recently discovered java.lang.reflect.Proxy
(as used by the wonderful EasyMock framework), and I've since had to
suppress the urge to make everything an interface with so implementation
just so that I can make a Proxy out of it and call methods dynamically.
It's no Ruby (or Smalltalk), but it's something.