Preston Crawford wrote:

> I know Java has a head start and has the backing of many large
> corporations, so it's perhaps not an apt comparison to make. But I like
> the language. And I like the philosophy of Ruby. To what extent this is
> translating into projects and jobs, however, I have no idea.

Sometime soon (next month?), O'Reilly is publishing Bruce Tate's new
book "Beyond Java". I highly recommend you read it (or attend his
presentation of the same name at one of the No Fluff Just Stuff
symposiums). In there I think you will find persuasive arguments for
learning something like Ruby.

Curt