On Jul 13, 2005, at 18:50, Preston Crawford wrote:

> I'm an outsider to the Ruby community. I've used it a time or two,
> mostly to get familiar with it. I've read part of the PickAxe, but my
> job (Java) keeps me in Java-land. I'm wondering what those of you
> using
> Ruby feel are Ruby's chances of taking off. At least to the extent
> that

For many people here Ruby already soars hight above where no other
languages can reach ;-). I love C++ and use it professionally every
day, but evening comes and tired after day's labor I get to my Ruby
pet projects at home just to relax. And often a get more results in
less time, let alone satisfaction.

I must mention that my day work involves quite a bit of Ruby as
well :-).

Gennady.