On Jul 13, 2005, at 1:50 PM, tuyet.ctn / mscibarra.com wrote:

> Thank you for your suggestions.
> I was able to decipher what I need using the web based regular
> expression tester you mentioned (I bookmarked it)
> I also used this site to look up the different permutations that I can
> use:
> http://www.regular-expressions.info/quickstart.html
> The right answer for what I need is:
> /[^GICS Sector]Sector/

That's actually only a coincidence that that works. [ ] means match
one occurence of the characters inside the [ ]. [^ ] means match one
occurence of any character NOT between the [^ ]

Give it a shot by using SIGS Sector as an example string. It will
still match. Of course in this case its not that important since it
does what you need, however the correct regexp should be /^Sector/.