On Wednesday 13 July 2005 11:11 am, Joe Van Dyk wrote:

> So, I'm thinking that on each node there could be a DRb server that could:
>   - Listen for start application commands
>   - Listen for kill application commands
>   - When it gets an "update" command, would send back a status report
> that contained what applications were running, the load average, stuff
> like that.
>
> And then each node could register themselves somehow with Rinda?  And
> then every GUI that started could connect to that Rinda server.
> Except that in the future the GUI will have to deal with multiple
> clusters, and so there might have to be multiple Rinda servers (one
> for each Cluster).

A Rinda Ring running a simple TupleSpace service works extremely well for
message passing.  And by naming clusters uniquely, and using that name in the
messages passed, one would not even necessarily have to worry about having
different rings for different clusters.  You could probably function pefectly
fine with a single tuplespace that everything talks with.

Eric Hodel has a couple simple pages that demonstrate just how easy it is to
use Rinda & TupleSpaces.

Kirk Haines