On 7/13/05, Ferdinand <Fe_Como / yahoo.com> wrote:
> Michael Campbell <michael.campbell / gmail.com> wrote:
> >>And where is your problem ?
> >

> > I'm not sure if English is your first language or not, but in the
> > English vernacular, "[What] is your problem?" is a fairly
> > argumentative phrase.
>
> That was unnecessary.

So was that.

> Please don't be so rude in an otherwise friendly
> community.

I tried responding offlist (which you should have done), but since you
don't have a valid reply-to, I couldn't.

I wasn't being rude.  I asked a simple question.  He responded with
what, in HIS view I'm sure, was a perfectly non-instrusive response,
which would be widely construed (even by many overly pedantic types, 1
of which replied here) as an argumentative phrase.  I was only
informing him of that fact so in the future he would know.  Most
bi-lingual speakers I've I know like to know the idioms and vernacular
of their non-native tongue.

won't see it any longer; it's long since outlived its usefulness, and
I doubt my intentions can be adequately expressed over this medium.

Cheers