On Jul 12, 2005, at 11:45 PM, daz wrote:

> This fix has been in the MAIN (1.9) and 1.8 CVS branches
> since Mar 04 (looking at the ChangeLog).

So the moral of the story is that both of my complaints are already
fixed?  Well, that's good news.

Thanks for pointing out the changes.

> Perhaps you saw it here and applied it yourself at one point:
> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/132868

No, I must have just updated my CVS checkout more recently than I
thought.  That's where I found it.

> I would copy  /lib/ruby/1.8/set.rb to /lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/set.rb
> and patch there.
>
> /site_ruby/ contains stuff _you've_ installed to the base
> and it's earlier in the search path ( puts $: ).

Yuck.  ;)  I would much rather just get the problems fixed in Ruby
(which it seems they are), so we can all benefit.

Thanks for the advice though.

James Edward Gray II