On 7/13/05, ngoc <ngoc / yahoo.com> wrote:
> 1. Does Ruby/Tk have all features as perl/Tk or java swing?

Perl/Tk perhaps.  Swing, it's been a long time since I've programmed
that. A better bet for a GUI toolkit for Ruby in my experience is
FXRuby. It has all of the features you've mentioned and then some.

> 2. Does Ruby have features like Java Applet running in a web browser?

AFAIK, no. That would require a Ruby plugin for whatever browser you
want to support.

> 3. JRuby is an interpreter that I can run both java and ruby on it. But
> what is the benefit of that function for programmer and user?

Correction, JRuby is an implementation of the Ruby interpreter in
Java. The benefits of such a thing I think would be obvious: you can
access Java classes from a Ruby program, you can integrate the two
languages better.