Hi,

--- Victor Reyes <victor.reyes / gmail.com> wrote:

> I see.
> I thought that I could write a Ruby procedure with specific directives
> to control the robot. Then the procedure would be downloaded "into"
> the robot for its execution.

Yes, that would be the next step. Quite a big step though, since you would
need a way to translate not just the commands to their equivalent bytes codes
(which is realtively easy) but also the control structures (if-then-else, loops
etc). The current implementation uses Ruby's control structures and hence
can only control.

> I watched a TV demo of the Lego Robot where directives where
> programmed and loaded into the Robot. Things such as: "When hitting
> and object, go on reverse" and more were used.

What were they using to code the "directives" in this demo? If
it is the IDE that comes with the kit, then it generates the
intermediate Mindscript program which gets compiled into byte code.

> I guess I need to read the doc.

Please let me know if you need more details.

> Thank you

Thanks,
-- shanko