Hello out there,

I have a lot of get/set methods that take some complex data structure.
They behave like attributes. Now I would like to use rdoc
so that these methods appear in the attributes section (just like the
ones created with attr_accessor et al.) but are not defined with
attr_accessor, because Ruby gives me lots of warnings about redefining
the method.

So now I have:

class Foo

  # Bar is very important
  attr_accessor :bar

  # Baz is crazy
  attr_accessor :baz

  def bar= (obj)  #:nodoc:
  def bar     #:nodoc:
    # calculate
    return @complex_data_structure
  end

  def baz= (obj) #:nodoc:
  def baz   #:nodoc:

Running rdoc gives me something like

Attributes
  bar  [RW]    Bar is very important
  baz  [RW]    Baz is crazy

which is exactly what I want, but I would like to avoid creating dummy
methods with attr_accessor for some of the attributes. How can I tell
rdoc to write my methods as attributes? Or perhaps to tell ruby to
ignore those attr_accessor calls? =begin =end does not seem to work
(rdoc refuses to go through that section). Same with "if false ....
end".

Patrick