On Sunday 10 July 2005 05:05 pm, John Carter wrote:
> Hmm. Unfortunately I live behind a large corporate firewall. So reverse
> DNS is never going to work right.

As long as it resolves back to your corporate firewall, it should be OK.  I
live behind an extremely unfriendly firewall, and it causes no problems for
the wiki.

And if it is the case that it does cause problem, just define a preferences
setting (which sets a cookie in your browser).  That will make you avoid the
tarpit as well.

> I tried putting in other wiki links to that page and found that I
> had to wade through the entire existing page and find every existing http:
> and convert it to HTTP:.

Yea, that is pretty annoying.  I disabled that feature tonight.  Although
helpful in the short run, it did nothing for long term spam avoidance.  You
should be able to post links using http: again.