Hello list-
     Could someone please shed some light on this situation for me? I
have a huge folder of logos that are named all willy nilly with weird
characters and spaces. I need to recursively descend through all of
these folders and rename each image so the names only contain [a-
z0-9.-]. That part is fine I already have the regex ready to do this.
I need to know how to rename these files as I recurse through the
directory tree. I have this code so far:

path = "/Volumes/Users/ez/LOGOS"
files = []
require 'find'
Find.find(path) do |file|
   files << file if file=~ /.eps$/
end

This leaves me with an array of good filenames but they have their
complete path as well. What I need help with is for each file, pul
just the file name out of the path, do some gsub's on it and then
rename it with the output of the gsubs. So after all is said and done
the original files will be renamed to be compliant with the regexes I
run on each one.

Can some one please point me in the right direction?

Thanks-
-Ezra Zygmuntowicz
Yakima Herald-Republic
WebMaster