Excerpts from none's mail of  7 Jul 2005 (EDT):
> I think there is a *lot* of work, in various bits and pieces.  (And I
> don't write Japanese, unfortunately.)  However, it seems to be all
> over the place.  (I was never very fond of the CPAN haphazard approach
> to "library" development.)
>
> I don't want to complain--I would be quite happy to help with a
> project.  I just think we need a push to come up with a use-case based
> integration of all the tools, like scipy in Python (really like scipy
> + matplotlib), all in one coherent package.

I too think the time is ripe for this. With a really good data model and
a really good plotting library, and GSL/NArray/other/combination thereof
in the background, Ruby could take over the (scientific) world.

A good starting point is Ara's SciRuby wiki
(http://sciruby.codeforpeople.com), particularly
http://sciruby.codeforpeople.com/sr.cgi/InterestingProjects

--
William <wmorgan-ruby-talk / masanjin.net>