I mentioned before that I'm writing a tool to extract data from a (dataease)
database file according to a schema.   In 'C' I'd do something like

struct data
{
        char header 4;
        int recno;
        char name[30];
        char add_1[30];
        unsigned int cr_limit ;
} data;

and if I set the compiler options right so the structure was closely packed,
I could simply read the file into this structure, and print out the results
using

printf("%s ... %d\n"data.name, ... data,cr_limit);

I looked at struct in Ruby, and I'm perusing the pickaxe, but no idea yet
how to do this.  I really want to do it in Ruby rather than C because its
better at dynamic stuff.  Any help much appreciated, thanks
GN
--
The answer's always "Yes".
Now, what was the question?