On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Dave Thomas wrote:
> Mathieu Bouchard <matju / sympatico.ca> writes:
> if you have
> found errors in the Programming Ruby documentation, I'd be very
> grateful if you could send them to rubybook / pragmaticprogrammer.com.
> That way I'll be able to fix them for the next printing.

You already added a small note about it, in the errata, last February, on
my request. I will also report any other errors when I see them.

> Not wishing to pour cold water on this flamefest, but...

I have no clue what you are talking about.  If this is a pun, it doesn't
fit with the metaphore i used. If this is about the tone of the mail,
well, I didn't make any kind of personal attacks.

I simply explained that in spite of its pitfalls, and in spite of warnings
against, reimplementation of ruby is not a futile exercise, is going to
happen, and is happening *now*.

matju