Jenjhiz wrote:
> So far I'm impressed with what I see in RoR. I look at using RoR to
> write traditional c/s database applications. The interface I prefer is
> a tree on the left side and an integrated view of a set of records on
> the right side, either displaying a single record in form format, or a
> set of records in grid format. I haven't seen examples of this type of
> RoR application. Any pointers?

There are a few ways you can handle displaying/loading the interface:
  1 - using frames, a left and right frame
  2 - everything in 1 view, on 1 page
    a. use standard HTTP Request
    b. use XmlHTTPRequests

I'd recommend using 2b. For your tree/grid component you'd simply use
some javascript, html/css and perhaps a few images. You could wrap each
item of your tree/grid in a javascript object. When the user selects the
next tree/grid item you could send the XmlHTTPRequest to rails, which
would process and send back the information associated to your selected
item.

You could use javascript on the client-side and have it update your text
boxes which displayed actual record data.

Zach