> I am currently trying to get Ruby/Gosu working on my Gentoo system.  I
> can get it to build fine but when ever I try to load an image I get a
> segmentation fault.

Hi Kevin,

I'm the person who ported Gosu to Linux. This segmentation fault also
occurs on my (Gentoo) system. I was not able to find the reason for it.
With C++ Gosu runs just fine and the code for Ruby integration works on
Windows, so my last guess was that it's a Ruby problem. (If you look at
ruby.h you can hardly imagine this code to be running. ;)) Also I do
not use Ruby, so it wasn't my priority. But I'd be glad if you'd find
the error.
At the moment I am really busy (3 exams the next two weeks! Eeeeks!) so
I won't be able to help you.

Good luck!

Jan