Hi there,

I am currently trying to get Ruby/Gosu working on my Gentoo system.  I
can get it to build fine but when ever I try to load an image I get a
segmentation fault.  I figure this has something to so with the boost
C++ libraries that Gosu uses to store image data and how they are
installed on my computer - but I can't be 100% sure.  I can compile
and run  C++ code against the Gosu library all the Tutorials are built
when you compile the library and they all run correctly.  Also to add
to the strangeness a friend of mine wrote a simple ruby application
with Ruby/Gosu  and it works, but if I change the order in which the
images are loaded it segfaults as well.

On to the question.....

What would be the best way to debug this problem?  I need to find out
where the segfault is happening.  In ruby because of the SO, in the
Gosu SO because of invalid memory access etc.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Kevin Pratt