--- Robert Klemme <bob.news / gmx.net> wrote:
> Note though that yield and &c.call work quite differently.
> This has for example performance implications.

I didn't know about this advantage.  From my quick benchmarks,
I found yield to take half the time as Proc#call in a loop with
the block being empty.  I'd imagine the performance difference
is because yield is working with a statically typed Proc,
whereas call is using a normal dynamically typed object to
#call.  I'd imagine as ruby matures, the performance difference
between these two would become negligible or zero.  I'd hope at
some point ruby would make optimizations when it knows the
exact class of an object - do method lookup at compile time.

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail