Adam Sanderson said:

> The funny thing is that since I started using ruby, I haven't *needed*
> anything more than a text editor like Scite or TextMate.  It's odd not
> hitting ctrl-space every ten seconds ;)

Exactly. I've begun to realize that the need for an IDE like Eclipse or
NetBeans or whatever to be productive in Java (or another language like
C#) seems to indicate to me a flaw in the language. Well maybe flaw is a
bad term, but clearly the language is hard to program in if it requires
such a massive environment for the best productivity.

Still a lot of the features of these IDEs would be nice in Ruby, but the
fact that we can still be very productive without them sure makes Ruby
seem that much better.

Ryan