On 6/28/05, xmlblog / gmail.com <xmlblog / gmail.com> wrote:
> wrt VS.NET, haven't written C++ code with it but all the managed C++
> stuff looks ugly as hell to me, so I wouldn't be surprised if the C++
> experience sucked. However, for C# code, VS.NET is very nice,
> especially version 2005 with its refactoring support, code snippets and
> IntelliSense. There isn't an open-source/linux IDE that can hold a
> candle to Visual Studio (6.0 - 2005) and that's a fact.

IntelliJ's IDEA and even Eclipse (for Java, anyway) both have more
refactoring tools, better code templating support, and a much bigger
"after market" plugin library than VS 6.0 had.

Granted, I've only seen beta-2, and time will grow the VS plugin
market for sure, but it's still got some room to catch up.