--8323328-841546791-1119544074683

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005, Nikolai Weibull wrote:

> Ara.T.Howard wrote:
>
>>> IMHO, those folding markers in the source code are uggly :(
>
>> i do agree that they're ugly but the usefulness in vim is simply too
>> great to stop me from using them...
>
> Why do you dedent them to column 1?  Anyway, you can use
> foldmethod=syntax with the vim-ruby.rubyforge.org versions (if not the
> one in 6.3 (7.0 has been updated I believe)) to do what youe doing,
> which is more or less folding the body of methods,

i can't deal with the syntax level highlighting... it's too comprehensive.
what i generally do is start out with no folds

   class C
     def initialize

as it grows i'll start added folds into methods.  when i move up to

   module M
     class C
     end
     class B

i start folding classes, etc.  also, the marker method works perfectly for
perl too...

i figure anyone who hates 'em that bad can sed them out in 2 seconds.

cheers.

-a