This morning (in that hazy fog of half-awakeness when I'm yet unable to
focus on anything of real import), I came up with what seemed to me like
a decent "theme" by which to market Ruby. This was mostly a response to
complaints I've heard from Javaers that Ruby code is obfuscated:

--Ruby: Bad As You Wanna Be--

For example, on the ruby-lang site, put this on the top-right corner:

class Greeter
  def initialize(name)
    @name = name.capitalize()
  end

  def salute
    puts "Hello, #{@name}!"

def greet
  your_name = Readline.readline("What is your name? ")

  g = Greeter.new(your_name)
  g.salute()
end

greet()

and put this on the top-left:

puts %Q{Hello, #{Readline.readline "What is your name? "}!}

Do up the whole site with battling 'devil' and 'angel' themes (i.e.
border the <div> boxes with wings or horns). The color scheme probably
wouldn't be a far hop from the red, white, and blue of the current
redesign (http://redhanded.hobix.com/redesign2005/).

Okay, maybe a *little* over the top for the whole ruby-lang site, but
possibly deserving of one page. :)

After all, Ruby's supposed to be the "fun" language, right?

What? That's a horrible idea? Fine. What's /your/ fantastic marketing
idea, jerk?

Devin