Brent W. Hughes said:
> I've recently downloaded Ruby which includes the Scite editor.  I get
> into the editor and select "Run irb" from the Tools menu.  I get irb
> running in the right column.  Then I type 123 and find that each
> character is duplicated.  That is:
>
> irb(main):001:0> 112233
>
> => 123
>
> What gives?

Hi Brent,

I have not used Scite before, but I just tested this out and get the same
behavior. I can only guess that both Scite and irb are echoing what you
type, hence the duplication. It must be a Scite bug (or a bug in whatever
adds the irb support.)

Until this is fixed I would recommend you try out fxri, which also has a
built-in irb, as well as documentation. It is a good place to play around
with Ruby and learn about the built-in classes.

Ryan