Okay :)))

> |Seems right, isn't it ?
>
> Yes.  I don't know what's happening at the moment.  Could you tell me
> additional information such as your platform, version of Ruby, how
> files corrupted, etc.
My ruby is 1.7.0 (2001-03-22) [i586-linux], also I tested it on most recent
1.6.4 on the same platform.
Files sometimes got zeroed (rare case), but in most general case marshaling
from files fails.
When I remove 'marshal', and just read from files - it reads data properly.
There are two posible sources imho: flock implementation (maybe just my
system is broken), and marshaling.

Aristarkh A Zagorodnikov, Lead Programmer, W3D Group
http://www.w3d.ru /// xm / w3d.ru /// ICQ UIN 36987938