On 23:40 Thu 16 Jun     , Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: OpenVMS woes"
>     on Thu, 16 Jun 2005 19:41:27 +0900, Renald Buter <buter / cwts.leidenuniv.nl> writes:
>
> |But unfortunately, some very basic stuff does not seem to work, like for
> |example:
> |
> |  open 'tmpdir'
> |  p File.join(tmpdir, "file.dat")
> |
> |will output:
> |
> |  "/tmp/file.dat"
> |
> |which is clearly *not* what I want...
>
> That means either
>
>   * the author (me) has zero knowledge about OpenVMS
>   * the OpenVMS port is fairly incomplete
>
> or both.  Any help is welcome always.

I'd love to help out, here. However, you will probably be know people on
the dev-lists with more OpenVMS c-programming knowledge than I. For
example, there is: http://www.geocities.jp/vmsruby/

For the pure ruby stuff (and even some basic c-stuff), I can help
though.  However, first I need a ruby version that builds on an OpenVMS
alpha machine...

Regards,

Renald