On Wednesday 15 June 2005 11:11 pm, Neville Burnell wrote:
>> We were working on a VAX-VMS system, and the project [and heavily
> overloaded machine] was frustrating my friend, so he typed [monty python
> style]
>
> RUN AWAY
>
> And the terminal echoed
>
> RUNNING AWAY ...
>
> A few seconds passed while we all looked on gobsmacked, until the
> teminal continued
>
> <ERROR 43-1> PROGRAM 'AWAY' NOT FOUND

Here's my story:  Again back in the "old" days I was having a particularly
hard time getting this one program to run correctly.  Not normally given to
strong language, I was so frustrated I typed HELL and the command line and
pressed a return.

The system prompted logged me out!

It turns out the system really didn't care about my choice of words.  It was
just that HELL was a proper abbreviation for HELLO, which (for reasons I
never fully understood) was an alias for BYE or LOGOUT.