From: sujeet kumar <sujeetkr / gmail.com>
Subject: How to make a browser in Ruby Tk
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 22:57:40 +0900
>  I want to make a web browser in Ruby Tk. I used "net/http" to connect
> to  net. url is to be given in Tk entry. I am getting data from url
> using "response = http.get(url)" . when i printed "response.body" it
> gives the HTML source of the given Url. Now I want to display the
> content in Ruby  Frame. How can i print this ( data of url) in Ruby
> Frame.

Probably one of the easiest way is to use TkHTML extension
(see http://www.hwaci.com/sw/tkhtml/index.html).
If you install the extension on your Tcl/Tk environment
(for example, you use ActiveTcl binary package) and use
the Tcl/Tk's library on your Ruby/Tk, please try a browser
example by Ruby/Tk + TkHTML. That is included in Ruby's
source archive ("ext/tk/sample/tkextlib/tkHTML/hv.rb").
If the HTML text which you want to browse is a simple one,
the following may be enough to show the formatted document.
require 'tk'
require 'tkextlib/tkHTML'

... read a HTML-doc, and set it to the variable 'doc' ...

hv = Tk::HTML_Widget.new.pack
hv.parse(doc)