I use the Watir extension to generate automated test
for web pages. To control the test results I retrieve
information from the same web page, but I get the
information from a XML-file.

I use the REXML extension, and when the XML file is
saved on my computer I can retrieve the values from it
using XPath.

How can I get the values from the XML-file, so that I
can compare it with the value I set?

Code:
require 'watir'
require 'rexml/document'
include REXML

ie = Watir::IE.start("http://x.x.x.x/site.ssi")
# ie.show_all_objects
# change one value in the dropdown list
ie.select_list(:name,
"/Configuration/Audio/Inputs/Headset/Level").select_value("7")
puts "Value changed"

#saves
ie.link(:id, "").fire_event("onclick")

# open another browser and get's the xml-file
ie2 =
Watir::IE.start("http://10.47.11.217/getxml?location=/Configuration/Audio/Outputs/Headset/Level")
doc = ie2.document()

#try to use XPath to retrieve the value
node =XPath.first( doc,
"*/Configuration/Audio/Outputs/Headset/Level").get_text.value

The last line gives an error in the xpath_parser
(method_missing)

Hope someone can help me
-espen-

Yahoo! Messenger - NEW crystal clear PC to PC calling
worldwide with voicemail http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com