James Edward Gray II wrote:
> On Jun 15, 2005, at 8:54 AM, Jim Menard wrote:
>

>>My hacked-together solution, based on Bangkok (http://
>>bangkok.rubyforge.org), is at http://www.io.com/~jimm/rubyquiz/
>>quiz35/. I need to improve the board drawing routine and make the
>>input more tolerant. Input for each move must be of the form used
>>for chess game files (e.g., "f4", "Nf6", "Nxc6").
>

> Egad that's short!
>
> Unfortunately, I'm having trouble running it:
>
> $ ruby -rubygems main.rb
> ./chessgame.rb:9:in `play': undefined method `board=' for
> #<DisplayListener:0x39e35c> (NoMethodError)
>          from main.rb:5
>
> James Edward Gray II

Oops. Remove the line

	@listener.board = @board

from chessgame.rb. I've posted a fixed file and playchess.tar.gz file to
http://www.io.com/~jimm/rubyquiz/quiz35/. That's what I get for making a
last-minute change without any tests. (Bangkok has tests, but not this simple
playchess interface.)

Jim
--
Jim Menard, jimm / io.com, http://www.io.com/~jimm
"An operating system is a collection of things that don't fit into a