I've just started to learn more about Ruby (not a Ruby programmer yet) ...

In this thread, I've seen a few people mention that they'd like some sort of
sexy woman for the mascot. I'd just like to point out that if a sexy woman
becomes Ruby's mascot, you risk alienating some people.

One of the greatest asset a technology can have is its community, and that's
often why I check out news groups, mailing lists, etc. when investigating
something new.  If a logo or mascot gives people the impression that Ruby is
a boys' club, this can be a real turn off. By boys' club I don't mean a
community that's mostly male (I assume the Ruby community is like this now),
but a group that would make it difficult for women to feel accepted.

I can't load the page with the logos so I can't comment on them, but the
ruby-crowned kinglet seems like a good choice. Maybe you can even make an
anime-like version of it ...

Jen