On 6/15/05, Gyoung-Yoon Noh <nohmad / gmail.com> wrote:
> Question: How to add arbitrary fonts? Does it support ttf format?
> If results of 'fc-list' command include certain font, that font can be
> used in pdf-writer? And does it support m17n?

This is all discussed in the early chapters of the 82-page manual.
In short, both TTF and Type1 (pfb) fonts are supported, but you must
have AFM files for your font programs. You must tell PDF::Writer
where to find those AFM files; it will attempt to find your TTF or
Type1 fonts based on system directories (again, documented in the
manual).

PDF::Writer will NOT work without AFM files. Yet. That's a separate
project I'm working on (under a separate licence, because of the
licence of the origin code), but that is taking time.

How do you mean "does it support m17n"? PDF::Writer does not support
either UTF-8 or UTF-16 directly; it does support differences
encodings, and I am hoping to have a release soon that freely steals
an idea from FPDF for "code page" mappings. This may or may not be
PDF::Writer 1.1, depending on how much I get done before Friday (I
am away for the weekend).

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com