On 6/14/05, Ara.T.Howard <Ara.T.Howard / noaa.gov> wrote:
[snippage]
> i've been releasing all my code like
>
> lib.rb -> is a link to lib-1.3.4.rb
>
> lib-1.3.4.rb -> requires a bunch stuff from the __directory__
>   lib-1.3.4/*
>
> therefore a
>
> require 'lib'
>
> always gets the most recent lib while a
>
> require 'lib-1.3.4'
>
> will pin an application to a specific version

That's an interesting solution to the same thing that RubyGems
solves. Unfortunately, it's not a great situation for non-Unix
platforms, and it's not an approach that appears to be supported by
the stock setup.rb, which I've recently converted my applications
and libraries to.

> the other is - make it right! PDF::Writer is some great stuff and the
> better/more-correct it is the more widespread it will become.

I have made the changes. It will be out by early next week whether
or not I have the SVG transformation code completed.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com
               * Alternate: austin / halostatue.ca