On 6/14/05, Austin Ziegler <halostatue / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/14/05, Jamis Buck <jamis / 37signals.com> wrote:
> > > That seems weird. Is there anyone who can grant me access to a MacOS X
> > > box with 10.4.1 to test this?
> > >
> > > JPEGs are supposed to be in network byte order. Jason, the other
> > > option is to look at the ImageSize and see if it gives a similar
> > > result.
> > >
> > > I want to solve this, but I don't have access to a MacOS X box. :(
> > For what it's worth, the manual built fine on my box (10.4.1).
>
> Okay. The next step, I guess, would be for Jason to see about sending
> me the tiny logo JPEG in his gem directory to see if I can tell
> anything intelligent about it. It seems to have been corrupted during
> install, somehow.

This is very odd.  All the JPEGs open fine in an image editor, but
they don't work with PDF::Writer...

Jamis, did you compile your own version of Ruby or patch the version
that Apple distributes (I believe I used the Ruby on Rails installer
for Tiger package) ?  I think compiling Ruby might be my next step.
I've had this problem on two separate machines running 10.4.1.

Austin, I can provide you access to a machine if you want, but it
sounds like this is my issue, not yours.

Thanks for the help guys.

Jason