> Very nice work. Does this installation executable include
> everything that is necessary for creating Rails web
> applications, or must that be added after the installation?

AllInOneRuby normally only embeds the default runtime
libraries. The ones which come with Ruby when you compile it
yourself. But when you use the option --site (or -s) all files
in Config::CONFIG["sitelibdir"] are included as well. So, if
Rails and its dependencies are installed in this directory
tree, it should be embedded. The RubyGems versions of Rails
won't work, because RubyGems doesn't use the sitelib
directories for installing the gems, although it's installed
there itself.

On the other hand, once the directory of a Rails application
(and thus "the application") is created and you finished
development, you don't need the sitelib-stuff of Rails anymore.
(At least, I'm told... I'm not a Rails developer myself.) This
means that you can create a Rails application, pack it [2, 3,
4] into an RBA with Tar2RubyScript [1] and run this RBA with
AllInOneRuby.

gegroet,
Erik V. - http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/

 [1] http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/tar2rubyscript/index.html