On 6/13/05, Steve Kelem <s_kelem / pacbell.net> wrote:
> I'm trying to install rubygems-0.8.10 on ruby 1.8.2 on Cygwin.
>
> Any idea of what's wrong?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Steve Kelem
>
>    Here are the messages I get:
> % ruby setup.rb
> ---> bin
> <--- bin
> ---> bin
> <--- bin
> rm -f InstalledFiles
> ---> bin
> mkdir -p /usr/local/bin/
> install gem /usr/local/bin/
> install gemwhich /usr/local/bin/
> install gem_server /usr/local/bin/
> install generate_yaml_index.rb /usr/local/bin/
> install update_rubygems /usr/local/bin/
> <--- bin

For some reason, it stopped installing after 'bin'.  It should have
installed everything under "lib" as well.  I'm not a Cygwin user these
days, and I don't have a machine handy to test it on.  Anyone else
using Cygwin who could say whether this is a problem that all Cygwin
users will experience?

Steve, can you verify that there is indeed a "lib" directory in the
rubygems-0.8.10 source you have untarred?

Thanks!

--

Chad Fowler
http://chadfowler.com