The Ruby bindings found in the SVN source dist do work, although a
little tricky
to build and install, and the coverage is not complete, eg
svn_client_status is not implemented.

I have posted the very bare start to a similar endevour using Ruby/DL,
so far it is more of
an example than useful, although it would be nice to see someone fill it
out a bit. It does however implement the status2 call.

See the ruby-talk thread with Subject "Accessing SVN through Ruby/DL"