On 6/12/05, Steven Jenkins <steven.jenkins / ieee.org> wrote:
> Austin Ziegler wrote:
> > Huh. They didn't do it with benchmarks.
> They did. I was there; you weren't. But don't let facts get in the way.

Bully for you. Were you there when they mixed unit systems, too? Did
they do *that* with benchmarks?

Sorry, but I don't buy the argument that they did this with
benchmarks. Measurements, perhaps, of the performance of their own
programs (or even prototypes), but *not* with benchmarks. In other
words, I think you're full of it and I'm calling you on it. Provide
some evidence that the decisions were made with benchmarks -- "A
standard by which something can be measured or judged."

Tell me that they did prototyping and I'll believe you. Tell me that
they measured *performance* and I'll believe you. Tell me that
benchmarks were involved in the process and I won't believe you unless
you provide some evidence of this claim.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com
               * Alternate: austin / halostatue.ca