Hi,

In message "Re: File.link() error message"
    on Sun, 12 Jun 2005 12:25:30 +0900, lorisx / gmail.com (a slow loris) (with) (poison)
 (elbows) writes:

|Why does File.link() report that the source file exists? It really
|ought to only report that the destination file exists. It isn't an
|error for the source to exist. If it didn't, we'd get ENOENT, not
|EEXIST.

I guess it's a matter of description.

"Errno::EEXIST: File exists - foop or barp" means that an EEXIST error
happened either for foop or barp.  But I don't want to treat every
kind of system call errors individually.

If you (or anyone else) have any suggestion for better description, we
are always open.

							matz.