Austin Ziegler wrote:
> On 6/12/05, Steven Jenkins <steven.jenkins / ieee.org> wrote:
>
>>In my line of work, we use benchmarks and statistics extensively. They
>>may be useful for lying; so what? They are far more powerful for telling
>>the truth.
>
> And there's the real tragedy. People who buy into the crap that is benchmarks.

What's more amazing is that these fools why buy into this "crap" have
made fundamental contributions to the theory and practice of digital
communications, image processing, and numerical analysis, practically
invented systems engineering, found volcanoes on Io and landslides on
Venus, communicated with spacecraft beyond the edge of the solar system,
put three rovers on the surface of Mars, and a whole bunch of other
stuff that will go into history books.

But of course, you know better. You have A Blog and have written Some
Software.

Steve