I notice something about the RAA (Ruby Application Archive) that is a bit
worrisome.  All of the applications there are just links to other sites,
usually websites run by creators of the particular application or module,
so that if you want to download the app you actually are getting it from
some other website - usually connected with someone's personal homepage.

Now don't get me wrong, its great to have the RAA and the links and the
organization.  What is a bit worrisome is that websites have a tendancy to
go down (especially personal ones) and pages (and even ISPs) have a
tendency to disappear. Would it be better to move toward a central archive with
mirrors like CPAN is for Perl?  That way we could be sure that all of
our Ruby applications and modules are available in a central place and
that central place would be mirrored for safety sake.

I just wanted to throw this out for discussion...

Phil