Renzo Orsini ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I know there are several ways of saving ruby objects on files, but
> there is a simple way of saving ALL the
> state of a Ruby program execution (or an irb work session) and then
> reload it in another execution (or session)?
>
> In this way I could use Ruby as a sort of Persistent Programming
> Language (or Object Database Language).

well, using irb you have an hackish solution: you could do an eval of
the history.
Look here[1] for some info on how you could get a persistent history
beetween irb sessions. The next part is just re-evaluating it on startup.
Saving the state of the program would be hard since you can't serialize
closures, singletons and continuations,
Oh, and welcome to ruby :)

[1] http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?Irb/TipsAndTricks