On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 01:17:07AM +0900, Jim Freeze wrote:
> On Wed, 2 May 2001, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
>
> > Your programs failed to load libtk.so, which probably should reside in
> > /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib.  Possible causes of the problem are:
> >
> >   * you haven't installed Tcl/Tk.
> >   * you haven't set ld.so.conf properly.
> >   * you haven't run ldconfig after installing Tcl/Tk.
> >   * name of your Tk library was not libtk.so but libtk8.3.so or such.
> >     In this case, you should recompile tcltk.so with proper library
> >     name set.
> >
> > 							matz.
>
> As far as I can tell, everything is installed:
>
> Where would I find ld.so.conf?

Solaris doeen't use 'ld.so.conf'.  If the Ruby interpretor can't find
'libtk.so' you need to

1) set the envronment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the directory
   where 'libtk.so' lives;

or

2) re-link the Ruby extension modules 'tkutil.so' and 'tcltklib.so' with
   the flag '-R<libtk.so directory>', or re-link the Ruby interpretor
   with that flag if you're using static extensions.

Re-linking is the prefered method; see http://www.visi.com/~barr/ldpath.html.

David S.